Make the window the first responder in your document's saveDocument method...

- (IBAction)saveDocument:(id)sender
{
        NSWindow* window = [self windowForSheet];
        [window makeFirstResponder:window];
        [super saveDocument:sender];
}

On May 28, 2008, at 11:15 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

If I'm adding text to an NSTextField, then I select Save, somehow the message needs to get to the NSTextField wherever it is that it needs to terminate editing and send its contents to the model before the model is saved. I don't see how I should go about implementing that? Any suggestions are welcome.