I am writing an application that could seriously benefit from a good graphing API. Of course, the simplest solution to this would be if Apple opened up GraphKit for Cocoa developers. Sadly, that seems not to be in the near future, so I'm looking at alternatives.

While there are some graphing frameworks out there, most of them seem incomplete and/or without a great deal of ongoing development. So, my thought was that Google's relatively new Charts API would be a great way to plug this hole for the time being. Simple URL calls return PNG images that could then be cached.

Other than the obvious need for an internet connection, can anyone see any reason this can't work as a viable solution to the graphing problem in Cocoa?

For reference, here is Google's Charts API page:
http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

Jamie