Hi,

I'm currently writing an app that creates a complex hierarchy of CALayers.
Everytime I animate one of the layers, I get a memory leak.
In order to investigate the issue, I created a simple Cocoa project in which
I only added a CustomView and the following code for this view :

@implementation CustomView

- (void) awakeFromNib
{
    CALayer *mainLayer = [[CALayer layer] retain];
    [self setLayer:mainLayer];
    [self setWantsLayer:YES];

    // create a dummy sublayer to mainLayer
    l1 = [CALayer layer];  // l1 is defined as a CALayer * in the header
file
    l1.frame = CGRectMake(0.0, 0.0, 80.0, 30.0);
    [mainLayer addSublayer:l1];

    // create a dummy sublayer to l1
    l2 = [CATextLayer layer]; // l2 is defined as a CATextLayer * in the
header file
    l2.frame = CGRectMake(10.0, 10.0, 60.0, 20.0);
    l2.string = @"test";
    [l1 addSublayer:l2];

    // trigger a repeating layer animation
    [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:0.4 target:self
selector:@selector(fromTimer:) userInfo:nil repeats:YES];
}

- (void) fromTimer: (NSTimer *) t
{
    if (l1.opacity == 1.0)
        l1.opacity = 0.2;
    else
        l1.opacity = 1.0;
}

@end

When I run the program in MallocDebug, the memory usage goes up every time
the timer function is executed.
If I change the animation to be on l2 instead of l1, or if I create l2 as a
sublayer of mainLayer, the memory usage remains constant.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks
Stephane