On Jun 4, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Memo Akten wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys. What I would like to do, may be a lot simpler than what i may have explained. I just want my app to launch the quicktime movie, in what looks like exactly like the finder quicklook window - in fact if its possible to even somehow do it with an applescript or something - i.e. just tell finder to launch it! Is that possible?

I'm pretty sure that can't be done with AppleScript unless accessibility is turned on. That setting is off by default, probably for security reasons.

Making your own window that looks precisely like the Finder's would be possible but difficult, since adding a play/pause button is not difficult, but the movie view slider is apparently impossible to duplicate using just QTKit. So some Carbon use will be necessary, and you can forget about 64-bit support... It may be easier to just use QTMovieView.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>