Hi All,

I need to access some files in the Applications folder and in order to do so I did the following:

1. I've created a tool that copies the files into the Applications folder (using NSFileManager)
2. I'm invoking the tool using AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges()
3. In the tool I'm calling setuid(geteuid()) at the begining
4. The tool does not have its setuid bit set

This setup seems to work fine without doing anything regarding the setuid bit yet the (very unclear and confusing) documentation seems to refer to AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges as something you use to run a setuid tool.

Should I set the setuid bit? Why?

TIA

Eyal Redler