I don't know if this is a new bug or even a bug at all.
I have an outline view which was bound to a NSTreeController subclass. I've
since removed the binding and have written a controller which implements the
datasource methods. I have set the new controller as the datasource for the
outline view.

The code is the same as another controller I have working with another
outline view.

The controller's datasource methods are never being called. The outline view
doesn't display anything. No errors show up in the log or elsewhere.

It acts as if the datasource has not been set.

Any ideas what maybe wrong? Does IB remember that it was using bindings
somewhere and ignore the datasource setting?

I've even checked in the debugger and it looked like the outlineview new
about the datasource and was pointing to the correct object.

I've tried deleting the outline view and creating a new one. Same with the
controller in IB.

I did have an earlier case where IB's state became inconsistent. I had tried
to add 2 new outlets to a new controller class in IB. It somehow became
confused and was showing those two outlets on all classes in IB. I could not
get rid of them. I had rely in Timemachine (savior!) to retrieve a version
of my XIB file before I had added those outlets.

But whatever I try, I cannot get it to recognize the datasource.

Any ideas appreciated! Thanks