On 12.6.2008, at 7:48, Stefano Falda wrote:

On 12/giu/08, at 00:34, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

It's normal for physical memory sizes to go up, and not come down until either the program is quit or the physical memory is needed elsewhere. Activity Monitor is not a memory leak detector. If you want to know where the memory is going, then use Instruments instead.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>

I've tried, but I must admit that Instruments confused me... :-(

Anyway, why the memory is marked as Active under Activity Monitor, and the iMac performance become sluggish, while this doesn't happen when using NSImage?

Thank you

Stefano

Hi,
I find Instruments weird too, but there is a lot of power there. Do you know you can simply build your application and choose from menu: Run -> Start with Performace Tool -> Leaks?

HTH
Robert