On 14 Jun 2008, at 18:50, Brian Christensen wrote:

On Jun 14, 2008, at 10:28 , Milen Dzhumerov wrote:

I've got a root layer which has got a solid background and I've got one sublayer. If I call removeFromSuperlayer on the sublayer when the root layer is small in size, it removes itself with animation and there are no problems. But if I increase the size of the window (the hosting view and the root layer consequently increase their size as ewll) and remove the sublayer again, I can see that the root layer changes to become all white for a fraction of a second and then goes back to normal (the sublayer is removed with animation normally). Are there any reasons for the flicker (e.g. wrong usage of removeFromSuperlayer)?

How large is your root layer when you start seeing the flickering?

Probably about  700x500.

/brian