Hi there - sorry this is actually two questions in one.

Firstly I need a function to automatically run from a class used in MainMenu.nib when the main.m calls NSApplicationMain();

Also, I cannot figure out why when I initialize a window from a nib or from a file before the call to NSApplicationMain() the program crashes due to a memory leak. Please see below.

I have the usual: "return NSApplicationMain;" in the main file and it loads the correct nib file absolutely fine. But then I want it to perform certain functions, close itself and open a new window all without user intervention. I can get it to do what I want but at the moment the user has to push a button on the first window to kick off the process, I would like to skip the need for user intervention.

I have tried to put the function in awakeFromNib but then the window wont close itself from that function. I have also tried putting my first window before the call to NSApplicationMain but then the application crashes due to a memory leak, I have tried using an autorelease pool and still it crashes when I try to initialize the window. I tried both loading the window from nib file and a programmed class but it just keeps crashing

Does anyone have any ideas as I have searched the docs and web and I am still stuck - is there something I am missing?

Many thanks for any help that you can give.

Phil.