> On 27 Aug 2015, at 20:09, Glenn L. Austin <gl...@austinsoft.com> wrote:
>
> I've had great success with auto-layout, even inside scrollviews.
>
> All it takes is a bit of time to realise that (1) auto-layout isn't like your
> current layout code; and (2) auto-layout has its own set of rules, that
> sometimes take a bit of patience to understand (e.g. you aren't going to just
> "get it" when you're under a deadline to release).
>
> That all being said, I now prefer auto-layout to what I used to do -- and I
> used to write my own layout managers.

It’s not that I don’t “get it”, I do get it and I’ve used similar system in
other OSes, it’s how to actually adapt a working sample App to work my my own
app using XCode/IB. For instance there’s very little I can find on how to make
layout work with Scroll Views and/or StackViews for the Mac using XCode/IB.
There is quite a detailed explanation (as far as I can tell) for iOS, but its
much different on the Mac.

All I want is a dynamic list of views that can be disclosed or undisclosed. I’m
really beginning to think I’d be better off using Manual Layout and using Table
View or whatever.

All the Best
Dave