On 15 Sep 2015, at 02:35, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> I would probably just implement it as a custom NSView. Then it doesn’t even
> have to be represented in memory as a grid; you just remember the level for
> each x coord and fill in the appropriate squares when drawing.
>
>> Or is there a better way to handle click events on a simple NSView?
>
> Just override mouseDown:, mouseDragged:, mouseUp:. You’ll have to convert the
> event coords from window to view coords.

 Oh, if you go the route of a custom view like Jens and I suggest, don't forget
to implement Accessibility for it. You can probably just give a number
indicating the level, but otherwise you might have to do whatever NSSlider does
to expose itself to Accessibility. Or maybe you could just subclass NSSlider,
replace all the tracking and drawing code, and that way get Accessibility for
free.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://stacksmith.org