On Sep 15, 2015, at 21:57 , Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> NSSplitViewController was introduced in 10.10.  I’ve read some posts which
> imply that there should be such a thing, with associated NSSplitViewItem
> objects, in the Object Library in Interface Builder.  And it seems like they
> certainly should be in there.  But for the life of me I cannot find any such
> thing.  Does it go by a different name or something?  The only thing close is
> “Vertical Split View” and “Horizontal Split View”, but of course these just
> give me the old NSSplitView and a pair of NSView objects.

They’re all there in my project, using Xcode 7 GM candidate. It’s possible that
IB hides the new controllers under some combination of the following settings:

— In a storyboard vs. a XIB (mine is a storyboard)

— Deployment target (mine is 10.10)

— IB Document format (mine is default(7.0))

— Uses auto-layout or not (mine does)

— Project format (mine is Xcode 6.3-compatible)

— etc.

Maybe Xcode is now like the documentation, where the only complete and accurate
developer tools are those literally from the future.