On Oct 7, 2015, at 20:13 , Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> what I want to do in this case, which is to provide a custom Field Editor
> only for some specific fields, which are loaded dynamically and could end up
> in any of several different windows

These statements sound a bit contradictory to me, but never mind. You’re asking
about swapping out the cells of text fields programmatically. Is is technically
impossible for you to swap out the text fields themselves? (If necessary, by
customized ones loaded from a text field nib that has a custom cell set in IB?)