Glad that worked. I'll also file some docs bugs.

Another way to do this is to implement a controller or container that handles
it.

View controllers are in the responder chain and can act as the item that needs
validation and set the control properties.
We can also look at the design of toolbar items and menu items as containers
for views, so they can do a similar job.

These approaches might let you avoid some control subclassing (depending on
what else you need to do) and might let you stay in swift.

Sent from my iPhone