I really don't see why you need to debug Apple's frameworks. When you break in
the debugger or get a crash report symbolicated, there are enough symbols in
there to see where you are—if you are in a call sequence inside Apple's
frameworks. If you're not seeing them, then you're not there.

The time I saw your real issue was when I was trying to unravel some legacy
code that was forcing changes to the view hierarchy when in a drawRect: which
is really, really bad, and it was mixing up auto layout and manual layout—a
field editor and simulated combo box were involved.

Look at your code for things like that and forget about your perceived issue
with the frameworks.
--
Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPhone)
http://www.garywade.com/