> On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:31 PM, Gary L. Wade <garyw...@desisoftsystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> I really don't see why you need to debug Apple's frameworks. When you break
> in the debugger or get a crash report symbolicated, there are enough symbols
> in there to see where you are—if you are in a call sequence inside Apple's
> frameworks. If you're not seeing them, then you're not there.

In retrospect I agree, it was somewhat pointless. Like a good developer I was
simply following instructions given in the error message written and placed
there by Apple and also trying to improve my debugging skills.

Error under OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 which is a little different that the
previously reported error under OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

<Error>: Set a breakpoint at CGSLogError to catch errors as they are logged.
<Error>: CGSGetSystemWindow: Invalid window

> The time I saw your real issue was when I was trying to unravel some legacy
> code that was forcing changes to the view hierarchy when in a drawRect: which
> is really, really bad, and it was mixing up auto layout and manual layout—a
> field editor and simulated combo box were involved.

I actually was able to reproduce the initial first part of the issue with a
standard Xcode 7.2 project template application. So it is time to give up and
move on. It appears Apple will need to fix this. I updated bug report 23955382.

--Richard Charles