‘Developer ID’ doesn’t sound right. Developer ID is for signing apps for
non-mac-store distribution, and I never worked out why there’s one for apps and
one for installers. If you want to distribute a test copy of the app you need
to sign it with the Mac developer certificate using a provisioning profile
which contains the device which is going to run it. The Mac Distribution
certificate is for signing apps to send to the App Store where they get
re-signed for distribution to the world.

iOS compilicates it more by having development and ad-hoc distribution profiles
which appear to do mostly the same thing.

Didn’t know that the thing would crash however, I would have just expected it
to refuse access to iCloud drive.