Okay, I reproduced the error. Setting an exception breakpoint didn’t help; the
app crashes anyway, leading me to believe that the problem either a) is not an
uncaught exception or b) it is an exception, but occurs before the ObjC runtime
is initialized.

I’ve run the app outside of Xcode and got the following crash report:

https://gist.github.com/SevenBits/dfff392c19f0332d81ef