On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Omar Qazi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Matthew Youney wrote:
>>
>> 1.      What is the best way to instantiate the "other" windows?  In this
>> application, all of the windows are quite unique, and there will never be
>> more than one instance of each.  Should this be done in the "main"
>> controller by loading the NIB, instantiating the other controller, and
>> then
>> showing the window?
>
> I agree that this sounds like a bad idea, but if you have good reason to,
> you might want to have a NSWindowController and nib for each window.

I disagree that this sounds like a bad idea.Having one
NSWindowController and nib per window is a fantastic idea, and is how
everything should be done. Breaking your program into smaller modules
is a fundamental part of programming and it's one of the best things
you can do to make the program easier to write, easier to modify, and
easier to understand.

Mike