Hi,

I did a bit of studying about save/restoring networks in general and it’s not
that straight forward if you want a self-referential put back in place after it
is restored. From looking at what the standard archiver/unarchiver does it is
exactly what I want for now and is really fast and easy to use (although having
to ensure everything conforms to NSCoding is a bit of a pain - see below).

We do need a more flexible way of doing it though but I think we will use this
for now and develop an SQLite database, this has the advantage of being totally
portable. We can use the archive file format to store networks until we are
ready to commit them to the database.

I’m really impressed with the speed of the archiver though and I’m pleased you
suggest I use it.

One thing that would be super cool is if there was a property attribute for
this, e.g.

@property (nonatomic,copy,archive)      NSString*                       pString;

And it would synthesize the initWithCoder, encodeWithCoder and copyWithZone
methods.

Thanks again
All the Best
Dave