On 25/01/16 17:31, Gary L. Wade wrote:
You should look more at your design. Having that many objects being
unobserved and reobserved (your word although in the context of new objects)
reminds me of what I've called a genocidal refresh, an antipattern that can
be fixed by only refreshing (or in your case observing) the things actually
changed; in your case that may be only the items in the array that were added
or removed.

This no doubt would be the "right" way of doing it, but it would not address the issue at hand because the observations have to be removed when the view controller goes away (all of them at the same time), and that's where the problem happens.

Regards
Markus