On 27 Jan 2016, at 12:30, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
> I find the “_” very difficult to see and also I tend to think of it as “Apple
> Reserved”, which I think it used to be?

Still is, for *methods* so for selectors/properties. However, a single
underscore is fine for instance variables backing a method, and in fact is the
default when auto-synthesizing. And it's also not in violation of the C
standard's rules about underscored and double-underscored identifiers (see e.g.
here for a good summary of those
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/228783/what-are-the-rules-about-using-an-underscore-in-a-c-identifier).

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://stacksmith.org