Hi,

Thanks to everyone who answered or commented on this question. This is my
understanding of one path forward. (And everybody sing along, I am not a
lawyer, and the fact that the license is so convoluted that almost literally
everyone feels the need to make this disclaimer is one of the things that
really annoys me about GPL…).

* LGPL code should be placed into its own framework and be dynamically loaded.
* It can be distributed in this manner in the Mac App Store.
* Create an Xcode project that builds the framework (along with the source
files) into a public GitHub repository. Make this a dependency of your
application project.
* Mac App Store apps cannot load executable code not signed (i.e. delivered) by
the app.
* The LGPL license requires that users have the ability to modify the LGPL part
and link that to the app. Users are free to download the framework source from
GitHub, modify it (without changing the API) and build it. They can then strip
all the code signing from the app, replace the framework in the app bundle, and
run. This should satisfy the letter of the license. (Of course no one will ever
do this. I am assuming this process doesn’t strip the DRM as well!)

I’d be happy to hear about a better/easier way to satisfy the last point while
still distributing through the App Store.

Cheers,
Demitri