Oh, it slides down another view.

It looks like it modally presents a view controller over the current view and
slides down the view with the search bar and segmented controller.

Look at it.  If you tap on any element in the bottom bar, search immediately
disappears up and the white background fades away to display the view behind it.

I'll bet this is a crafty use of a modal controller.

And if I'm wrong, you could take the approach that alertViews take.  They
present themselves in another window entirely and ride above all the content
below.