Hi all,

Whenever I make a custom view class, it often has a bunch of properties that
affect the content it renders. So, for each setter that does this, I have to
override the setter, do whatever it normally does plus call
-setNeedsDisplay:YES.

This gets tedious.

Is there a good way to automate this for a given set of properties? I
considered overriding -didChangeValueForKey: and checking the key against a set
of exported property names, and that would work, except all my custom views
would then need to subclass this one special kind of view instead of NSView.
Can it be done with a standard NSView? (MacOS)

A similar requirement applies to CALayer too.

—Graham