> On Feb 12, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> I think the one thing you can count on is that the ‘reloadData’ API isn’t
> broken.

But it's very tempting to think so... ;-)

When I issue the -reloadData, the -tableView:numberOfRowsInSection: callback
gets invoked. But, it returns the number of rows _before_ the addition. If I
return from that view controller and then go back into it, it has the correct
number. It's behaving like there's something blocking the -reloadData
operation.

Perhaps -reloadData is sensitive to where it is called from? My context is that
I have a table of users, the 0th element of which segues modally to a new VC to
add a new user, then returns. Then in the original VC's -viewWillAppear: I
issue the -reloadData. Should I instead do this from within the "add new user"
VC? Or is there some other iOS pattern to do this?

-Carl