On Feb 23, 2016, at 13:30 , Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:

> Now, I'm familiar with the -fno-objc-arc build flags to disable compiling one
> file at a time, but is there any possibility to include iOS code that does
> use ARC within an app that doesn't?

You can mix-and-match ARC source with non-ARC (MMR) source. Just do it the
other way around — add -Fobj-arc to the source files that need it.

The only thing to be careful of is that pointers that cross the boundaries of
your ARC code must respect ARC conventions. That is, you might need to use
bridged retains and releases, or use casting to describe the memory management
characteristics of non-ARC-managed pointers.