> On Mar 5, 2016, at 4:26 AM, Daryle Walker <dary...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> What sites did you find via web-search? The ones I found weren’t that great.

The OS X storyboard websites I found helpful include those listed below. The
first few are general overviews, and the rest are more narrowly focused on
specific storyboard techniques.

The Brimelow video tutorial is a very good introduction and overview.

The Ray Wenderlich tutorial is essential to understand how to use container
views with OS X storyboards. This is what broke the storyboard logjam for me. I
had been struggling to use the new split view controllers and tab view
controllers with nib files and getting nowhere. I'm still convinced they can be
used with nib files, but I never figured out how. They are really, really easy
to use with storyboards, which convinced me that storyboards are the way to go
in OS X from now on.

I also like the fact that, in El Capitan, storyboards can be broken up into
pieces, using transition segues to get from storyboard file to storyboard file.
Now I can create smaller storyboards that are divided into topical units in
much the way that I have done with nib files in the past, without losing the
great storyboard benefit of segues.

WWDC 2014 "Storyboards and Controllers on OS X (Session 212)
<https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2014/212/>

Lee Brimelow, "Using Storyboards for OS X"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5bLEwewO7M>

Ray Wenderlich, "OS X View Controllers Tutorial"
<https://www.raywenderlich.com/112811/os-x-view-controllers-tutorial>

Xamarin, "Working with Storyboards"
<https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/mac/platform-features/storyboards/indepth/>

Apple Technical Q&A QA1871 (2016-02-18)
<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/qa/qa1871/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40016747>

IconMaster, "Transitioning between view controllers in the same window, with
Swift - Mac"
<http://theiconmaster.com/2015/03/transitioning-between-view-controllers-in-the-same-window-with-swift-mac/>

Scott Sherwood, "Storyboards and Nibs: When To Use Which, and How to Mix"
<http://www.scott-sherwood.com/tutorial/storyboards-and-nibs-when-to-use-which-and-how-to-mix/>

Mike Abdullah, "Storyboards on the Mac"
<http://mikeabdullah.net/mac-storyboards.html>

Stack Overflow, "How to work with Storyboard Unwind Segue in Mac OS X"
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27425603/how-to-work-with-storyboard-unwind-segue-in-mac-os-x>

Stack Overflow, "Initializing another window using storyboard for OS X"
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26689699/initializing-another-window-using-storyboard-for-os-x>

Me and Mark Publishing, "Connecting Menu Items to IBActions in a Mac
Storyboard"
<http://meandmark.com/blog/2015/02/connecting-menu-items-to-ibactions-in-a-mac-storyboard/>

Nick Kuh, "How to Modally Present Windows as Sheets in OS X"
<http://www.nickkuh.com/mac-os-x/how-to-modally-present-windows-as-sheets-in-os-x-yosemite-mavericks/2015/01/>

--

Bill Cheeseman - wjcheese...@comcast.net