> On Mar 9, 2016, at 6:52 PM, Michael David Crawford <mdcrawf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have a bug in Apple's sample code that would be a trivial fix, that
> has been open for eight years.
>
> By contrast I've reported a few kernel bugs.  Each was fixed in the
> very next build.

My experience is similar. I've reported accessibility API bugs since 2002 that
have always been fixed immediately. Maybe that's because accessibility is
important to Apple (as a lawyer, I can tell you that it is very important
legally); maybe that's because they know I'm experienced on accessibility
issues; maybe that's because the accessibility team is particularly interested
in getting things together. Bugs that I've reported in other areas sometimes
get responses, sometimes they get fixed, other times they get ignored as far as
I can tell. So, Apple is a big organization, with lots of different
departments, and it's hard to see consistency. The one thing I'm very confident
about is that well written bug reports get better attention than poorly written
bug reports.

--

Bill Cheeseman - wjcheese...@comcast.net