I’m developing my first iOS app. On the General tab of my app’s build settings,
I have checked only Portrait as the supported orientation. When testing on an
iPad today, I noticed that if I start the app with the iPad held in landscape
mode, the launch image appears in landscape and of course looks terrible
because parts of it are cut off.

The next screen that appears is my welcome/splash screen, which is very similar
to the launch image; I meant for the transition from launch image to welcome
screen to be subtle. But the welcome screen appears in portrait mode as it
should, so the transition is jarring.

It is not possible to have a Portrait-only launch image? If so, where else do I
need to look for settings controlling the orientation of the launch image?

--

Charles