> On 2016 Apr 06, at 08:27, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>
> If you’re seeing high memory utilization, it’s more likely something to do
> with Core Data itself. It might be a symptom of a way you’re misusing Core
> Data

I agree, having had an experience like James’ last year.  It is a huge project;
the data model had 62 entities and typical user data created a Core Data SQLite
library of 100 MB or so when running properly.  Starting with no library, after
importing data from the old non-Core-Data version of the app, one of those new
sqlite files, I forget if it was the the -shm or the -wal, grew to 1 GB.  But
the app  worked fine, and after using it for some hours, those files would
shrink to the expected size of 100 MB or so, with the -shm and -wal files being
much smaller than the mail file, as expected.

So we ignored the problem and worked on other issues.  As the app further
developed over the last half year, the problem disappeared.  That is, now when
I start this app from scratch and import that same data, the library files grow
slowly during the two minutes of import to a reasonable size, and stay there.