I’m laying out some views (using auto-layout, though I don’t think that’s the
cause of the problem) on OS X 10.11.4 with Xcode 7.3. In many cases, I’m
baseline-aligning a pair of text fields, one label and one editable. The font
is the default (System-Regular, i.e. 13 pt) and the text field heights are
default too.

Unfortunately, the label and the text field are not baseline aligned, but the
text field contents are one point too low. It looks wrong, too, because it’s
too close to the bottom of the enclosing box, and when selected there is more
highlighted empty space above the text than below.

I can sort of fix it by playing around with the text field heights and/or
offsetting the constraints, but I don’t really want to because it seems like a
mistake to design for this particular quirk.

Has anyone else run into this, or got any suggestions about what (if anything)
to do about it?