> On 21 Apr 2016, at 11:13, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> I’m laying out some views (using auto-layout, though I don’t think that’s the
> cause of the problem) on OS X 10.11.4 with Xcode 7.3. In many cases, I’m
> baseline-aligning a pair of text fields, one label and one editable. The font
> is the default (System-Regular, i.e. 13 pt) and the text field heights are
> default too.
>
> Unfortunately, the label and the text field are not baseline aligned, but the
> text field contents are one point too low. It looks wrong, too, because it’s
> too close to the bottom of the enclosing box, and when selected there is more
> highlighted empty space above the text than below.
>
> I can sort of fix it by playing around with the text field heights and/or
> offsetting the constraints, but I don’t really want to because it seems like
> a mistake to design for this particular quirk.
>
> Has anyone else run into this, or got any suggestions about what (if
> anything) to do about it?

Yes  - I believe your options, as well as filing a bug are

1) turn the border off on the textfield (I can hardly notice the difference
myself and this also puts the highlight properly inside the space in the box.

or

2) adjust the baseline alignment constraint constant to 1, or -1, depending on
which field is first in your constraint.

I’m fairly sure the NSTextField doesn’t properly take account of the border
when aligning baselines.