> On 18 May 2016, at 1:29 PM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> I’ve tried deleting all the certificates from Keychain, an also in XCode,
>> and it refetches them all again.
>
> Jeez, don’t do that. You likely deleted the private keys along with the
> certificates. Refetching the certificates puts them back again, but not the
> private keys.
>
>> Other than that I can’t see how to “start over”.
>
> If you’ve deleted the private keys, you’re going to have to retrieve an older
> backup of the keychain file, open that in Keychain Utility, and export them
> as a .p12 file you can re-import into your current keychain.

Thanks Quincey,

I think my fiddling basically stuffed something up. I’m not sure exactly what
started the process, but my trying to fix it only made things worse. I *think*
what it was was trying to Export the App Store version of the app (which has
some embedded entitlements) using the Developer ID certificate. That seems to
work, but the resulting app itself crashes on launch with a codesigning issue,
possibly because the entitlments don’t match the code signature (?). That was
what set me on the path to trying to harmonise my various certificates, which
in turn probably caused me to damage something. I’m not really any the wiser
about the whole arcane process, but at least I’m back to square one.

I went back to a backup of my Keychain from earlier this morning and I was able
to sign the (non App Store version) app as I’ve long been able to.

As for the App Store version, I’m not sure how I can distribute that internally
for testing - signing with the Developer ID doesn’t seem to be right, but it’s
unclear what other options I have.

—Graham