Hi Jens

“If your app’s performance is suffering because of large files, then use
streams instead, and try to only read the part of the file that’s necessary.”

Could you point me at some material about this technique ?  It sounds very
interesting.

I will check out the database approach as well.  I have steered clear of using
databases as our users are mostly individuals with little or no tech support.
The idea has always been to keep things simple and maintenance free.

Peter