I have a daemon app built on Foundation (aka "command line tool") running in
the background and I need it to issue a textual email on certain conditions.

The solutions for emailing that I've been able to find (NSWorkspace,
NSSharingService, LSOpenCFURLRef) all involve launching an email client like
Mail.app, which is inappropriate for a backgraound daemon process.

Is there a way to fire off a simple email from an ObjC Foundation-only app
running in the background on OS X 10.10.5 (not Server)? I'm told that ages ago
there was a handly class named NSMailDelivery, but it's long gone...

-Carl