I’ve got a scroll view scrolling a stack view. I want the first view in the
stack to be an NSOutlineView and the second to be some other view.
I don’t want another scroll view around the NSOutlineView, so I can’t use the
ScrollView assembly that IB provides.
So I’m using a custom view, and set it’s type to NSOutlineView.

In my xib file I have an NSTableColumn and an NSTableCellView that I are into
IBOutlets on my controller.

I tried adding the column via [outlineView addTableColumn:] but afterwards, in
the debugger, the _tableColumns array is still nil.
I must be missing something, or NSOutlineView is not supported as a custom
class type.

When
- (NSInteger)outlineView:(NSOutlineView*)outlineView
numberOfChildrenOfItem:(id)item
is called, I return an appropriate count, but

Later I don’t see any calls to me override of
- (NSView *)outlineView:(NSOutlineView *)outlineView
viewForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)tableColumn item:(id)item
I’m thinking that is because my OutlineView doesn’t think it has any columns.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of arrangement, using
NSTableView/NSOutlineView as a custom control in a xib file?

Dave Burnard