This is a resend of the previous email with a more accurate title and better organised detail.

This bug is blowing my mind as the behaviour is not deterministic.

I have three outline views that are contained in 2 different NSViewControlled sub-xibs which get loaded into the a place holder view in the main persistent document window. The outlines views are only *occasionally* updated when new data is loaded into their NSTreeControllers.

Failed attempts to localise the bug:-
1> Call reloadData many times from many different places.
2> In primary document xib add a debug window which displays the contents of the managed object context using parallel tree controller and outline views, the debug window is updated fine. 3> In primary document xib, replace NSViewController architecture with direct outline views connected to the debug window's tree controller. Both the debug window and the direct outline views updated. 4> Bind the sub-xibs outline view to the primary document window's tree controllers. Debug window updates correctly but sub-xibs outline views don't!

The sub-xib bindings are through the NSViewControllers representedObject, which gets set not at awakeFromNib time but later when the subview is activated.

Finally the non deterministic behaviour is that rarely one of the two outline views, thought not always the same one, does get data updates and once that happens that outline view seems fine thought the other one still has no data.

So far I haven't tested the code on a single processor machine. My code, however, does not explicitly launch any threads.

Cheers

Godfrey