Thanks for the reminder about NSViewController. I make heavy use of the NSArrayController methods but I suppose I can move most of my code over simply by using an outlet and changing self to myArrayController. But having two controllers simply to handle menu actions still doesn't seems elegant, but it is better than what I'm doing now.
-Rob