On Sep 22, 2016, at 20:17 , Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> And as Eric has discovered, it instructs the
> Storyboard runtime to create a new instance of the window controller
> rather than unhiding the existing one.

Thanks for clarifying this all. I think the upshot of it is that closing a
window has a number of side effects (that are unsurprising), but there’s also a
private “is closed” state that controls its future behavior, but is not
accessible by developers.

The follow-on question (Life of Brian notwithstanding) is then what state
transitions the window can have after it’s closed. Can it be shown? How does it
relate to the window controller or document later?