> On 5 Oct 2016, at 07:52, Antonio Nunes <devli...@sintraworks.com> wrote:
>
> On 04 Oct 2016, at 14:26, Jonathan Mitchell <li...@mugginsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> PDFKit seems a bit disturbed on Sierra.
>> The 10.12 beta 3 seems to improve things but there are still some rendering
>> stutters etc.
>
> 1. Why are you referring to a beta, when 10.12 has been out for weeks now?

Oops. that should have been 10.12.1 Beta (16B2338c)..

> Whatever is going on with PDFKit, it’s not good.

I agree with that.

PDFKit is long in the tooth and the documentation is a bit patchy.
However there is no way I can just write it off.

My solution involves assembling multipage PDFs from templates that incorporate
a static base PDF over which I write text derived from my object model.
The composed PDF is then viewed, printed or exported.
On 10.9 to 10.11 peace reigns.

The 10.12 issues are rather unpredictable.
Some documents render fine others don’t.
Obviously this makes tracking down the source of the issues tough.
It also makes it difficult to come up with meaningfully directed bug reports to
send back in to bugreporter.apple.com.

It would be helpful if someone from the PDFKit development team would chip in
with insight into how the kit has changed in 10.12.

If not I might need to go down the route of a TSI.

Jonathan