> On 29 Nov 2016, at 00:40, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 28, 2016, at 07:01 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> But in my case I have “21:37:44” where ““21:37” is bold and “:44” is thin.
>

> c.  Given that you work so much with non-Latin scripts, I find it surprising
> that you would make assumptions about how a time is represented. (Again, of
> course, you may have decided this is the correct approach for your scenario,
> but it strikes me as worth commenting on.)

I just checked all 739 locales available in iOS. The time format is pretty
consistent:
“H.mm.ss"
"H:mm.ss”
“HH.mm.ss"
“H:mm:ss"
“HH:mm:ss” (more than 89% use this)

all should be displayed correctly.
Those locales which use ‘:’ will see a nice vertically centered colon, those
with ‘.’ a non-centered FULL STOP.

Thanks to alerting me to this issue (my old code assumed two digit hours, which
would not have worked in about 55 locales).

Kind regards,

Gerriet.