On 14.12.2016 at 18:47 Gary L. Wade wrote:

> Set the background color of self.view to something other than black
> and your button and label will be more visible.

Thanks, that was indeed the problem. UIButton and UILabel both seem to use
a clear background color as the default, which resulted in the UIView's
background color, which was black, shining through them.

I'm now stealing the default background color of the UITableView for my
UIView to get a consistent look, i.e. I'm doing the following in my
view controller's viewDidLoad():

    self.view.backgroundColor = tableView.backgroundColor;

Everything looks correctly then.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com