Hi List,

I ran into an issues with a multi-thread, multi-window app, where one or more
windows stop displaying after a while. This happens rarely and on 10.10.5 - at
least I was not able to reproduce the problem anywhere else.

And by saying a window stop displaying I mean there are subviews that has been
marked to be fully redrawn by setNeedsDisplay:YES on the main thread, but views
won’t be redrawn. The window still processing events, so I can click on buttons
for example which sending their actions, etc. Also if I manually send a
-display message to [self window] the subviews going to be redrawn once, but
then they are stuck again.

I’ve overridden setNeedsDisplay: to check out what is going on, and of course
the views are on a valid NSWindow object, autoDisplay is enabled, and also the
window returns YES to viewsNeedsDisplay.

When the issue is happening the NSWindow object won’t call -display or
-displayIfNeeded, so probably this is why the window not getting redrawn.

I’m not sure what could make the NSWindow object to behave this way, maybe I’m
doing something silly here?

Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Best,