On Jan 7, 2017, at 13:24 , Charles Jenkins <cejw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I take that working code and the ONLY changes I make are to (a) change
> currentTime to the code below and (b) add the binding in IB, the video will
> not play. The strange thing is when I do this, I think KVO is actually
> working because I get hammered with log messages saying “Seek to 0.0
> seconds.”
>
>  dynamic var currentTime : Double {

Is this issue resolved?

If not, it seems to me there’s a problem that “Double” is a Swift type, and
it’s not the same as the Obj-C “double” type. AFAIK, these 2 types are never
identical, although there is bridging at the SDK and API levels. However, I
doubt that KVC knows about the Swift types, so it’s not going to do the
automatic translation to NSNumber that happens in the Obj-C version of your
code.

If I’m right, then solution might be to declare your properties as type
“CDouble”, which *is* the same as the C (and hence Obj-C) “double” type.