> On Mar 26, 2017, at 10:04 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, you are right. And I have to apologise for not spotting this:
>
> *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException',
> reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: SortedKeys.plist)'

I recommend always having an exception breakpoint set, to catch things like
this.

> I suspect that this might be a rare timing issue, i.e. SortedKeys.plist has
> not been fully written when serializedRepresentation is called.

Is the snippet you posted all code running in the same thread/queue? If so,
there couldn’t be a race condition between writing the plist and reading it. If
not, you need some synchronization between the two operations (the specifics
would depend on the details of your program.)

—Jens