> On Mar 27, 2017, at 8:25 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 27 Mar 2017, at 23:37, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com
> <mailto:j...@mooseyard.com>> wrote:
>

>>> On Mar 26, 2017, at 10:04 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com
>>> <mailto:gerri...@icloud.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, you are right. And I have to apologise for not spotting this:
>>>
>>> *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException',
>>> reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: SortedKeys.plist)'
>>
>> I recommend always having an exception breakpoint set, to catch things like
>> this.
>
> This same error occurred twice within 250 days. Running the code for about a
> year in Xcode is really not feasible.

But when it did occur, it was hard to figure out what was going on, right? So
if you have the breakpoint already there, then instead of crashing you stop at
the breakpoint, which is much easier to debug.

> If no race condition (and I agree that there should be none) what else could
> be causing this?

Dunno. It’s somewhere inside Foundation code. If you have the backtrace,
looking at the method names can be a clue sometimes.

—Jens