On Apr 22, 2017, at 23:55 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:

> But now I want to move the table view down 1 cm (leaving 1 cm unused space at
> the top of the screen above the table view).
> Reason: top of the table view (which contains a SearchField) is rather hard
> to reach.
>
> But I cannot find a way to do this.

Since UITableView is a subclass of UIScrollView, you can just set the
“contentOffset” property to move its contents away from the top of its
container.

If you need to put a different view in the 1 cm of space above the table view,
then I guess you need to change the structure. Instead of the the root view
being or containing a table view, it would have two child views, or two
container subviews with “embed” segues to child view controllers.

> The “Add New Constraints” thingy is all greyed out.

Because you can’t move the root view away from the edges of the window
(screen). If content offsets won’t do what you want, you have to use subviews,
which can be laid out.