On Jun 19, 2017, at 16:22 , Doug Hill <cocoa...@breaqz.com> wrote:

> The embedded collection view will only scroll if I drag on the area of the
> collection view that is originally visible.

Can you clarify this a bit? Are you talking about the autoscrolling that
happens when you drag-select, or scrolling that happens when you use a scroll
gesture on a trackpad? If you click on one of the
previously-hidden-but-now-exposed rows, then try to drag it as a separate step,
does the scroll happen?

I’d assume the problem arises because you have a scroll view within a scroll
view, and each scroll has installed a pan gesture recognizer. The recognizer
may be capturing the visibleRect of the scrolled view, and when you scroll the
outer view, there may not be anything to tell the inner view that its
visibleRect has changed.

This is all pretty moot, though. Even if that’s the explanation, I can’t think
of anything you can do about it.