Hello Quincey,

First, I should have originally made clear this is iOS, apologies. Also, to
clarify, I am talking about the drag-scroll gesture, which would be the Pan
gesture.

The scroller-within-a-scroller is definitely more complex but I've usually made
them work in previous view controllers I've developed. Like you, I don't really
have a great idea of what is happening under the hood in these various
UIScrollviews. Or even a good idea how to debug what seems like lower-level
stuff.
Thinking about it more, I might look into priorities of the gesture
recognizers, since this sounds like it could be related. Otherwise, I'm still
looking for other ways to track this down.

Thanks again.

Doug Hill